Friday, April 10, 2009

Early Gift

I got an early birthday gift from my hubby. It's an iPod Shuffle. My first ever iPod. You wouldn't believe how tiny this thing is. In the photo above, it is on my cutting mat and those are one-inch squares. Don't you just love that lime green color?

The reason I wanted this is because in the months of the year when the weather is cooperative, I like to go walking. We have a walking trail just across the road from us. This tiny little music box is perfect to take along. It has a built-in clip so all I have to do is clip it to my clothing.

I've been trying it out the past few days. When I walk down to get the mail I've had it on. Oh my! This little device can sure put spring your step. I guess maybe it depends on what you are listening to huh?

I'm finding it very hard to refrain from singing along at the top of my lungs. Usually when I'm home alone and working in the studio I have the radio or other music source playing and it's usually turned up to LOUD. And there I am singing along as if I'm in concert. So naturally when I'm using this iPod and walking along, I know I'm going to want to sing along. Sigh! I know, I probably could sing along, but oh how embarrassing. I will have to learn how to lip sync I guess.

8 comments:

  1. Terri-I am an April birthday girl too- (4/22). I have an IPod as well (also a gift from my husband) along with a docking station. You slip in your IPod and the docking station has speakers-perfect for your studio.

    Also, don't worry about singing along-everybody now has some device in their ear-talking out loud is just par for the course!

    Enjoy!

    I enjoy your blog so thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday when it arrives Terri! That looks so tiny. I've never had one either. What apity my birthday is so far off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how much joy this device is bringing you, Terri!!
    I, too love to listen to upbeat music when I walk on my treadmill. It definitely puts a bounce in your step!
    Happy, happy birthday whenever it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too received an IPod from my husband for a birthday. I can understand why you are so excited as I have had so much pleasure and fun using mine.

    I love the lime green colour.

    Happy birthday when it comes. Also I really enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me of traveling with my daughter in the back seat of the car with her ipod on and she is belting out a song all off key and we are in the front laughing!

    I would love an ipod. Keep thinking I do not need it, but keep finding situations where I wish I had it. Good idea since my bday is in May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a regular Ipod with docking station like Libby in my studio and it is wonderful. The Ipod is such a clever device!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!!!!

    My IPod and I should be surgically attached - I use it all day every day at work - makes the day go by so much faster!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.