Friday, March 13, 2009

My Very Own Fabric

Yesterday's mail brought me some joy. A couple weeks ago I sent an image off and in return I got a piece of fabric with my image printed on it. The online company that is doing this is Spoonflower. You may have heard of them by now as I think their reputation is starting to get noticed. They are fairly new, but will do well I believe. Anyway, the gist of Spoonflower is you send in your digital file and you can order custom printed fabric.

This was my first time ordering as I basically wanted to test the waters. I wasn't sure how well the image I had drawn, scanned, and touched up would turn out. I am very happy with it and plan to do more.

I think this design would be great with some paints or dyes added to it. Color it up any way I want to. I never thought I'd want to design fabric, but hmmmm, I may be changing my mind. LOL! Perhaps I'll just be my own personal fabric designer.


And this photo shows more progress on a couple of paintings I showed you the other day. The one on the right is a new painting technique I was trying out. Don't know for sure if I'm thrilled with it or not. I may have to think on it a bit more.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. How cool!! You should be a fabric designer. I'd buy a yard or two of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that fabric is so cool! I've seen some really neat things come for spoonflower. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting!!! Love your original fabric design, Terri! I have heard of Spoonflower, but it is so exciting to see your results!! The fabric is very YOU!
    Did you make your design the exact size it would be on the finished fabric?
    Also love your painting of the girl and her cat.
    Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful fabric, Terri! I love that you used all your drawings. That will be so much fun to paint or dye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser, stop the presses...go into fabric design...it looks fantastic !

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! I can think of tons of things to do with your fabric! You will have to print more!! (and add a dog. . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric would be awesome to paint! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome, Terri! Like you, I didn't think I'd want to design my own fabric because I like colouring it myself too much, but I can see the possibilities here... definite potential!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fabric you designed. I had come across it before, but didn't know of anyone who'd tried it. I think I need to have a go don't I? (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff! I have heard that this is expensive. Is it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fabric! How exciting that must be, open the package and see your artwork on fabric...and the I love the paintings. If you're wondering about "ho" the new techniques looks, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fabric, can't wait to see what you do with it when you add your beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is very cool! I'd not heard of that site, so I'm glad you mentioned it. And I can't wait to see what you do with your fabric. It looks like it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.