Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More QIP

Here's the latest developments on my quilt in progress (QIP)...I knew you gals would guess that acronym right away.


It looks a lot different from yesterday huh? Well I decided to go in a completely different direction than the quilt on the pattern. The long panels weren't doing a lot for me and so I chopped them in half. I did get a lot of panels sewn up yesterday. At the end of the day I had eight panels in all, one having been sewn on Saturday.

I need to make more of these blocks in order for the quilt to be a good size for a throw quilt. I may audition the blocks with a sashing, but I'm sort of liking this look. What do you think? Do you like that I cut the panels down?

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!
    Big improvement, at least to my eye! Much more movement and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! No sashing; more blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a much more interesting layout than yesterday and it looks wonderful using your hand-dyed fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this very much Terri and wouldn't do shashings between the blocks. It is very good that you have cut the long panels in half :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very much improved!

    These are great colors for a guy too--not too feminine. I guess you'll be quilting it on your mid-arm. Oops. Guess not! *wink*

    (Whatever became of that deal, anyway?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - I like it this way! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's an official string quilt. I love them and make lots of them. You might be interested in

    http://maryquilts.blogspot.com

    http://heartstringsquiltproject.com/photos.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is bright and beautiful...just like you !

    I love what you did with your dyed fabrics and really like the design. I'm with you, not too sure the borders will be necessary.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is GORGEOUS! wow, I can only imagine how much time you spent making this lovely work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. smashing! I think I like it this way without sashing but it's hard to say for sure without seeing it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. It looks like a kaliedoscope(sp).Your colors mixed with a hint of black are so pleasing to me.I wouldn't do sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely much better with more panels. I think sashing would take away from the movement you have going, plus calm down those gorgeous fabrics too much!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.