Sunday, February 15, 2009

Me Weekend

Starting on Friday, I decided I would have a 3-day Me Weekend. What's a Me Weekend? Well it's a weekend when I create stuff just for me or whatever I want. It has felt really good to do this. Lately I feel like I've been creating to deadlines and commitments and I really needed a break. I'll get back on track tomorrow.

So first up is a small quilt I'm making. A few years ago I had been in the hand dying fabric groove and dyed up a ton of fabric. A lot of it still sits on my shelves and these colors were all in one stack. They were calling to me. "Make us into a quilt", they said. So I listened. I'm creating this without a pattern and just cutting loose. I think there's a book or something on this. Anyway, it's very freeing and I'm having fun with it. As you can see it's a WIP.


The next photo is a gallery wrapped canvas that I've covered with paper. One of my all-time favorite paper artists who works in this type of way is Julie King. I just love her work. She was my inspiration for this piece.

I created this piece with a specific spot in mind where it will hang. My hubby and I have been doing some minor remodeling in a couple of rooms in our house. One being the bathroom. It has a whole new color scheme, the towels are terra cotta, the walls are Sweet Tangerine. I plan to hang this over the toilet. I'll show another photo once it's hanging in it's permanent home.


And that concludes this edition of Me Weekend. Have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. Everyone deserves a Me Weekend - sounds like you had fun. I love both your projects - especially the canvas - it's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those colors. Glad you are enjoying your ME weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of both pieces. Me Weekend sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I really like the top one and think it would make a great preemie quilt - which I'm into right now. Thanks for the inspration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terri,

    I love your piece intended for the throne! Having just finished your wonderful Paperquilting class, I'm still in question and answer mode. When you write that this piece was created on gallery-wrapped canvas, do you mean the canvas that is bought wrapped around canvas stretchers? Thanks!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely understand the need for a Me Weekend; although, I get so involved, it needs to be a Me Month! Nice pieces, both of them! and I guess you'll be quilting your quilted piece on your mid-arm. Oh, whoops, you don't have a mid-arm. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for taking some time for yourself! LOVE the paper piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that vase piece - that is very cool!

    I think I need to schedule a "me" weekend too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you spent QUALITY TIME with yourself. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Love the vase.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of your "me" weekend. Love your creations too. I think your "freehand" quilt is just cool and look forward to seeing both in person in June! Yahoo !!!

    Hugs.
    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all need 'me' time Terri. It makes you relax and them when you start 'working' again you will find yourself more productive. Love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the collage!!! please let us see it hanging in your bathroom when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.