Friday, July 11, 2008

New Art Quilts

Here are a couple of art quilts I finished up this week. I showed you a peek at the second one yesterday.

Night Blooms
13" x 18"

Summer Blooms
20 3/4" x 18"

Both of these quilts are examples from an article I've written for the next issue (issue 5) of Fibre&Stitch, which will be available at the end of August. They are both available in my etsy shop.

On Monday, July 14, the 2008 QuiltArt Grab Bag Challenge CD will be available for a $10 donation to the American Cancer Society through Fiberart For A Cause, and shipping and handling of $2.00. I created a quilt in this challenge and I'm very anxious to see all the others that were created. Click here if you would like to get one.

8 comments:

  1. The colors in both pieces are wonderful, Terri. "Summer Blooms" especially gives me such a citrussy (I don't know if this is a word!) feeling! So summery. I'm glad you posted a work-in- progress photo, because it gave a good look at the beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Summer Blooms. The colors are just so fresh. I just love the simplicity of your designs. Wish I could afford to buy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH- I really like these. Do they have painting on them too for some of the highlights?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous. Too bad I'm sewing challenged. I don't think I could do that. I also stopped by to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award. Check my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely "da bomb". I love them. My favorite colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love both of these pieces and am so jealous of your productivity!! i am struggling to find time to be in the art room although my heart and soul so want to spend hours and hours there. i'm working away today but have little time during the week. thanks for the push to keep trying to find ti e!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both great, especially love Summer Blooms.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.