Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No Running on the Table

Did you ever wonder how table runners got their name? When you stop to think about the phrase, it sounds rather silly. Anyway, food for thought huh? Tee hee!

Here is the finished piece. It was rather difficult to photograph as it is 36" long so I had to stand above it a distance. I suppose I could have put it on the scanner bed and scanned sections, but I admit, I was being lazy.

fabric quilt table runner applique embroidery cotton
After I had it all done, I thought it would have looked nice with rounded corners. Sheesh! Why do I think of all the cool stuff after I'm done. Oh well...I guess I can jot that down for the next one. Hmmm will there be a next one?

13 comments:

  1. Well, I looked it up and couldn't find much about the table runner except that it's probably French and they were designed to protect the table cloth underneath. However they cam about, yours is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - I LOVE it! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely table runner. The colors and patterns are just stunning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in there. If you use it on a square or rectangular table all the time, no one will miss rounded corners..*S*

    OR....make some matching round coasters to use with it. You are making matching napkins, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great table runner. I love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I love the variety to it and I think the square corners work just great !

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the sharp corners go with your crip style. Its good! Round off the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors in this piece are fantastic!! and, i love your circle flowers so much!! circle flowers are a mainstay in my torn paper collage!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope so . . . it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the luscious colors and layout. It will look great on someone's summer table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fantastic! I love it. You really have a way giving simple shapes so much character.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.