Thursday, May 22, 2008

All Done

acrylic paint canvas art landscape mixed media
acrylic paint canvas art landscape mixed media
I've finished my landscapes. This is the last week of the online class with Karyn Gartel, aka Altered Diva. I truly enjoyed this class and I'm glad I took it. Karyn is a fun teacher and she also teaches other classes. She's offering some great ones for the summer.

It's been a busy spring with all the online classes I took plus doing my own creative work and conducting some of my own classes. I'm ready for a break. I have to say, though, that I really enjoy taking online classes as it gives me a little peek into the artsy life of an artist I admire and I get to see how they create the art I enjoy.

Today I also finished my water-themed 12x12 quilt that will be revealed on June 1 along with the other Twelve by Twelve quilts.

Other accomplishments for the week: Planting flower seeds in the garden, drawing up the plans for a commission quilt (table runner), and some more painting on the two paintings I showed a couple posts or so ago.

Happy Weekend!

11 comments:

  1. These are fantastic Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...really like your night and days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out just great. Very charming!!! Always love the edge you add to your art. It is your signature..

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts, I'll have to take a course from Karen sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fabulous job on these!! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teri - these are truly fabulous! Are you going to hang them - I hope ! Great job. I'm still finishing mine up !

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so wonderful. i really like the idea of doing a day and night version of a similar scene. i may have to try that idea on one of my collage series. thanks for sharing the finished projects with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a great job on your landscapes!! I really like how you put your own style to them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these came out amazing. I love the warmth that seems to radiate from them both and the outlining design on the borders just adds to the paintings. The nightscape is my favorite. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Terri! Excellent! I'm glad I took that class too. I finished my night landscape and workin on my day.

    June 1 is a long time to wait for a reveal . . . waiting . . . ;-D

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.