Saturday, September 29, 2007

Journal Quilt #39

fabric journal quilt
Well better late than never, that's my motto! This week's journal quilt is looking rather like a collage. I started out with the background that's made from a slop rag...a piece of fabric from past dyeing and painting sessions. Then I placed on the watercolored face, which I did a short time ago (aka-a month or two ago). The rest of the pieces...purple flower, green wavy lines, black border were all scraps left over from fused projects. And last but not least I did some thread embroidery and wrote on the word 'dream'. Dream on!

9 comments:

  1. I really like the face on the woman. It looks nice with all your other elements. Like you said, better late than never".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! And I am not just saying that because the face is familiar to me- I love the colors and the placements of the elements. Very nicely done.

    I am seriously considering taking on the challenge of a monthly journal quilt next year- it has been very inspiring to watch your process and progress with these.
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! The collage elements and the girl!!What a beautiful womanly bag she would make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slop rags can be great finds. Dream - definitely a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was senior editor on most of those Great American Quilt books, up until about 2001 when I left Oxmoor House.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft dreams, soft colours, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The feature that really caught my attention right off the bat is the blue eyes. They have such an expression of kindness in them.

    I like how you incorporated the yellow in the flower

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.