Friday, March 30, 2007

Today's Results

My play time today didn't result in any finished projects, just some pieces for future finished projects. First up is a piece of wool I wet felted. The colors are so rich in this piece, just wish the camera could pick up on them. I added some bits of silk fibers to this also for some added interest.


The next photo shows some flower petals I am preparing. If you get the magazine Cloth Paper Scissors, you'll notice in the recent issue a project to make fabric flowers. The Fiber Arts Friends group I belong to is doing a flower swap. We choose a color to make, I chose red. We then make a flower for each of the other swappers and in the end we'll each have a colorful bouquet.


The last photo shows some canvas panels I dyed for a handbag. It never fails...when the dyes are drying there are always some light spots that show up. I wish I knew why this happens, because sometimes it really bugs me. Anybody have an idea????

7 comments:

  1. Love the flower petals Terri-I'll go and e-mail you re the fabric spots now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower petals are a gorgeous colour. I forgot about this swap - oops!!! Your embellished piece is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wool is fab! Great colors in that. I think the white spots are caused by inconsistencies in the fabric itself. Maybe from detergents or softener that is left in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The felt looks luscious, what will it be???? can't wait to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea to have a flower swap. love the wool and silk piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The felt is luscious and the petals look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the felt and the dyed fabric. Why are your petals so perfect? Wait 'till you see mine - that will give you a laugh!
    Hugs, Alis

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.