Thursday, March 15, 2007

Journal Quilt #11

This weeks journal quilt was an experiment. First the background. I had a piece of aquabond sitting around that I hadn't yet tried. So I cut a piece off and placed it on my table sticky side up. Then I took all my saved snippets of threads and arranged them over the sticky area. I then layed a piece of tulle over all. I free motion embroidered everything. I soaked it in warm water and let it dry. It was very pretty and colorful.

To create this piece, I layed the thread background on a piece of black wool felt. I adhered it with some wonder under. Then, using the needle felting attachment for my Bernina, I started creating flowers, stems, and leaves with some wool roving. I added in some silk fibers here and there for some highlights. I also did some hand embroidery on this piece.