Saturday, February 3, 2007

Journal Quilt #5

Here is my weekly journal quilt. It's not done yet as I need to finish around the edges and I want to do some free motion stitching on it. But alas, that'll have to wait. I'm starting to see a pile up of things waiting to be finished when the machine comes home. I think I'll be busy playing catch up for a day or two. I guess that depends on how much longer I have to wait till my sewing machine is done and home.

There have been some comments from first-time visitors to my blog recently, or maybe you lurked here for some time before commenting. They are: Denim Doll, Granny Fran, Suzanne Earley, Doreen G, zaz, Chriss, wabbit, and arlee. Thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving comments. I love it when there are comments from someone who's been lurking or have just found me. And thanks to all of you who visit regularly and comment also.

In a past comment, Arlee asked "If you're using watercolours, how do you "fix" them so they don't bleed and fade or wash out?" While painting with watercolors on fabric, I don't always have the control I want and sometimes get too much bleeding into other areas. I do sometimes end up throwing a piece in the trash because it went way out of my control. I don't mind a little bleeding of colors, as I think this adds to the charm of watercolor painting. On most items, I use a spray fixative after I've completed the piece. They do seem to be waterproof after this.

6 comments:

  1. She's beautiful Terri. Is she a self portrait?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice Terri. I don't know why I didn't think of this before but... you could hand quilt while you're waiting for your sewing machine to be repaired. hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good already Terri. Can't wait to see what she looks like when you've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Terri, looking forward to seeing her enhanced with stitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful! She looks like you, is she??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.