Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happiness from Sadness

Happy WIP Wednesday everyone. Are you wondering about the title of my post? Well I'm happy to tell you that Bob is home. He arrived home just after midnight last night. I'm so happy.....but as stated in the title....I'm happy he's home, but he's home because we've had sadness in our family. Our nephew has passed on. Brian had been struggling with cancer for about 6 years now (brain tumor). He was a fighter and I am so happy he was able to fight as long as he did, but near the end he was in a lot of pain. He leaves behind a lovely wife and two young sons, ranging somewhere in age from 7 to 10. So tomorrow we will be driving a 6-hour drive to go to his funeral.

I don't have any works in progress to show today, but I do have this completed handbag that I finished a couple of days ago. It is knit, then felted. I still need to make some type of closure piece for it...I'm thinking a large polymer clay button on the outside and a braided yarn piece to loop around the button. Knitting this purse was my first experience with circular needles. The handles are also knit...the technique is called "knitted i-cord".


21 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your sad news Terri. Hope tomorrow isn't too stressful for you.
    On a brighter note, what a pretty little bag you made. How did you manage to keep the shape when you felted it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your nephew. It must be really sad for his children and wife. Very lovely bag...love the colors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have had such a terrible loss Terri. there is nothing worse for a family than to watch a dear one suffering. Such a sad loss for his wife and young children.

    The bag is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer seems to be something that touches us all. My SIL sister was diaganosed with lung cancer a few months ago. She is fighting against the odds and hoping to live long enough for her children to remember her. Her youngest is 1 1/2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri the bag came out great! Nicely done and I love all the colors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very sorry to hear about your nephew, how sad that he is leaving a young family behind.

    Your bag is simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very sorry to hear about your nephew. It must be so hard on the family. A good friend of mine's husband passed away from a brain tumor about 2 years ago. It is such a difficult illness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry for your loss, Terri. I am glad that Bob made it home safely.

    Your purse is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag Terri.
    Sorry to hear about your nephew. Take care, drive safe, my best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your nephew - such a tragedy in one so young...

    Your felted bag is so pretty - lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely bag!
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for your loss Terri, my heart goes out to his family,we lost my dad with the same thing.
    Have a safe journey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for your loss. Many prayers and blessings. I do love this purse!! My fave of all the stuff I've seen you do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family with support.

    The bag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a sad thing when someone dies and leaves a life unfinished. We just lost my nephew's sweet wife to cancer last month.I wish you strength, comfort, and healing. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. My sympathy to your family. It's so hard to lose them so young! I'm glad Bob is home for you, and for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry Terri - your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terri, my sincere sympathy on the loss of your nephew. May God bless on comfort you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear about your nephew, especially sad because of the children. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will be praying for your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.