Monday, January 1, 2007

A Doll is Born

Do you remember way back in November I started working on a doll and then ran out of fiber fill? Well I've finally gotten her finished. She is a present for the gal who cleans the office where I work, who also happens to be a family friend. Well she's been working weird hours over the holidays and so I expect she'll be back to her normal schedule this week so I can give her this late Christmas gift. She had seen a similar doll I had done and really liked that one so that's how I decided I would make her a doll too.


On another note....do you think this looks comfortable? I surely don't.

And another note...I don't think I've introduced you to my two outside/shop kitties. During the fair weather days they love romping around outside and enjoy protecting us from all types of wild, ferocious rodents. During the frigid cold days of winter, they spend time in Bob's shop where it's always warm and toasty. The black gal is Lucy and the other is Patty. We named them after Peanuts characters (you know...Charlie Brown). In these photos they are about 5 months old and currently they are about 8 months old. They are so much fun.

12 comments:

  1. The doll is terrific - love that hair! What a great gift, I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

    and yea that does not look very comfy. It's amazing what positions they sleep in isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read recently that you should do Yoga with your pets. I guess a bunch of the positions for humans are from animal poses. If you follow your cat's pose, just imagine how flexible you could be. . . or not! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your doll and I'm sure she will flip over it! The cats are cute and nimble. My granddaughter chases our poor "fatcat" all over when she visits, today I found him with her two hair bows clipped on his back. He didn't seem to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little sprite! I love her green do and the way you did her arms with "hands" clasped together. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doll is gorgeous - love the spiky hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOur doll is wonderful, I'm sure your friend will adore it, love the green hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black and white kittys have the same expression on their faces. How funny!

    Beautiful doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri Your doll is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a beautiful doll. I must find time to make one during 2007.
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I remember when you ran out of fiber fill. But it doesn't seem like it has been that long. She turned out great. I like her legs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your doll is GORGEOUS. The cats are very cute too - how is that animals can sleep in such wierd positions?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your doll. She looks so prim and proper with her hands clasped together and her sweet little mouth. The harlequin print tights are great too.

    As for the cats--they're always comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.