Thursday, February 11, 2016

Making Quilts

I've been working on some quilts lately and having fun at it too. I recently came across the block in this first quilt on Instagram. Instagram user @alittlegressica shared how she made this block and then several quilters on Instagram participated in a quilt along. If you are an Instagram user, look under the hashtag #insideadditionquiltalong to see lots of variations of this quilt.

My Inside Addition quilt top is finished, the blocks finish at 8" and I made mine 56" x 64". It now goes onto my pile of "to be quilted" tops. Yikes, I need to get busy.


The next quilt top will finish at 20" square and become a pillow cover. I joined an online pillow cover swap and this is what I am making for the partner assigned to me. It's been many years since I've taken part in a swap and I thought it would be fun to try again.


The block in this quilt is from the pattern A Wild Ride by Jen Kingwell, which I purchased recently (by the way I love love love all of Jen Kingwell's patterns). I needed my block to be a different size and I wanted to paper piece it, so I created it in Electric Quilt and printed out the papers for piecing. Quilting on this one is next. I'm not sure yet what I will do, maybe an allover simple design.