Sunday, January 19, 2014

Collage #1

I have been busy working on a couple of projects with deadlines last week and will continue on those and hopefully finish this coming week. Can't share photos of those just yet. I also snuck in some painting/collage time and worked on the following piece. This is my first play with abstract painting and collage for the year. The photos below show the progression of the piece.






Final piece
The collage was created on 100 lb. vellum bristol paper by Strathmore.  I used various acrylic paints to create the first layers of color. Next I glued down some papers I had created using Golden Matte Medium. And for the final layer I added some doodling/drawing with various pens and pencils.

I like the piece both before I added the drawing in the last step and with the drawing. It's hard to tell when to stop, especially when you are just starting out on a journey. Oh well, you learn by experimenting, right?