Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blog Redecoration

Did you all notice the redecorating I did on the blog???  I felt it was time for a new look, so I went ahead and made some changes.

It seems like I've not had any time lately to post here what I've been doing lately.  It must be that time of year.  Anyway, here are a few things that I've done.  First up is my latest progress on The Girls.  I've now got all the borders on and did you notice???  They're green!  I found a second green fabric that was sort of similar and at first I thought it wouldn't work, but now that it's on there I'm finding that it works better than I imagined.  The right and bottom borders are one green fabric and the remaining two borders are another green fabric.  Both of these fabrics were actually dyed in the same dye bath, a parfait style dyeing session.  So they have a lot of the same dye colors in them, but just in differing mixes of colors

I have the top and bottom borders quilted.  I just need to quilt the two side borders and add a binding and then this one is finished.  I'm thinking I will go with a black with white dot binding fabric.

Next up are a couple of composition notebook covers I made.  These were made from the same fabric that I had painted/stamped/stenciled/screened.  Whew!  That's a lot of techniques all rolled into one.

I crocheted that little doily for this cover.

This notebook cover was given as a prize to the 3CS color palette challenge winner.

Here's a close-up of the doily.

And the final two photos are some doodles I've been doing in my sketchbook.

Have a great Thursday!