Friday, July 22, 2011

Sewing with Quilting Fabric

I finished sewing the tunic I started the other day.

This is the pattern I used.

The shirt fits me fine doesn't have much shape in the upper body/bust area and looks a little boxy and unshaped. I compared this pattern to another pattern I have purchased but not made and noticed on the unused pattern it has a dart in the bust area and a slight curve shape in the side seam. So I may like that pattern more. I think if I was to add shape to the current tunic it would be difficult to get on and off without ripping the seams, because I used quilting fabrics it doesn't have much give or stretch when pulling the garment over the head to put it on or take it off. I could also try a stretchier fabric too. I think quilting cottons are not the best fabric choice for these shirts. I'll probably just wear this one around the house.

I still haven't gotten to the quilt shop to replenish my batting supply, so I haven't started on my "to quilt" pile yet. But I have been working on a new quilt. Here is my design wall as it looks at the moment.