Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Can You Say HOT!

The weather in my neck of the woods is seriously hot and humid.  I've been trying to stay indoors as much as possible.  Over the last few days I've been working on projects.  Up first is the wonky star quilt.  I've finished piecing it.  Now it sits on my "to quilt" pile.  I can't quilt it as I've run out of batting.  I'm not going out, anywhere, until the weather cools a bit.


I did, however, have enough batting to get quilting on my dotty spotty quilt.


I've finished the quilting on this one and attached the binding already.  It's now in the blocking process and then a hanging sleeve.


And today, I'm trying may hand at sewing a garment.  Eeeeeekkkkk!  I pulled some fabrics from my stash that have been there for eons and that I won't likely use in a quilt anymore.  So this is my prototype:


It will be a tunic top......hopefully, when done and I'm basically trying it out to see if I can make it to my correct size and that I like the fit.  At this point I haven't attached sleeves yet.  I'm hoping to do some more tunics in the near future...I bought some patterns.  I'm into the tunic style top at the moment.  Who knows...maybe I'll enjoy sewing garments so much that I will want to be on Project Runway. NOT!!!