Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Art Journal

My friend, Suzie, inspired me to start an art journal. I enjoy looking at other art journals and even have a couple of books on the subject. A while back I purchased a sketch book and just haven't gotten around to doing anything with it...so I thought I'd try it out. The pages are a little too thin as they want to curl a lot. I have trouble coming up with text to add to the pages....hopefully this will get better over time. As I was working on this page, I was listening to the radio, as always, and a song came on that I like, so I put some of the lyrics on the page. As Suzie indicated when she started....I hope my own style emerges over time. As of right now I feel my work is very influenced by other artists I admire.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool Terri. I've never been good at keeping a journal.

    I like that song by Amy Grant too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. AND, I think I recognize one of Nancy's Quick and easy backgrounds there. Regardless, love the colours and whole idea. Songs are great to be inspired by.
    If you keep doing this you'll find yourself just "slipping into it" one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Terri, I'm thrilled to bits! I can't tell you how amazed I am that I have inspired you! I love your first page - the words are lovely and so is your artwork. I love the colours, and the little flower doodles are gorgeous!
    It's impossible not to be influenced by all the wonderful artists we follow on their blogs, etc, but let's hope we will both keep this up and we can watch ourselves develop and grow...
    I must start listening to music again! I sit in silence most days, which is silly when there is so much music to be heard!
    Thank you, Terri, you have done me more good than you know.

    Can't wait for the next page! :D

    Much Love xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow look at you go and Suzie too! I am getting goosey chickens just watching you two create your art journals..and artjunkgrl too...all of your color choices are so yummy! I am smiling big time over here! You all rawk! :D Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue - I've never been good at keeping one either...let's see if I can keep this one going.

    Wendy - Yep, Nance's technique is in there, good eye.

    Suzie - I'm happy you are thrilled. I am hoping to keep this up, I might not be able to do it every day, but a few days a week. And yes, start listening to music, it's so soothing and relaxing and upbeat.

    Nance - you are such a dear...LOL haven't heard of goosey chickens...love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pendmanship is perfect for your journals. I don't think mine would go over well. Now I have this song in my head!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.