Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sewing and New Stencils

I've been working on some quilts that I really want to share with you, but I'm not going to.  Don't you really hate it when bloggers tell you things like that.  I know I do...and here I go doing it too. I'm sorry :( Please stay tuned for them at a later date.

But here are some things I can share now. I've been back into the apparel-making craze and here is a t-shirt I am making. I found a shirt I liked the fit of at the thrift store and brought it home with the intention of cutting it to create a pattern. It wasn't a great looking fabric so I found that it wasn't too hard to cut into. It also had short sleeves and I wanted 3/4 length sleeves. So here's where I'm at with it so far. The hems are all unfinished at this point. This is a cotton jersey fabric and everything on it has been hand stitched so far...even the seams. The stenciling you see here along the bottom is one I cut out of some plastic/mylar material I had laying around. I am currently adding some hand stitching around the stencil shapes.


STENCIL NEWS
I've designed some new stencil designs.  Yay!  There are 12 new designs in all, and I'm sharing seven of them with you today.

Daisies
6 x 6"

Blades
6 x 6"

Garden Swirl
9 x 12"

Floral Swirl
6 x 6"

Heart Flower
6 x 6"

Bullet Holes
9 x 12"

Flower Head
6 x 6"
These designs are currently available for purchase at Stencil Girl Products. Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate your visits and comments.