Thursday, September 13, 2012

Designing Fabric

A few days ago I pulled out a 36" x 60" piece of cotton duck cloth and proceeded to add lots of color to it.  Here is a small section that is left of it.


After I was done painting the fabric I made some bags.  Here are a couple of handbags I made.


And here is a grocery tote I created.


The fabric was painted with an assortment of Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow, Jacquard Textile Colors, and Tumble Dyes.  I used lots of stencils and Thermofax screens to create patterns.  The white squares screen print you see is a Thermofax screen from my friend Margaret Applin.  She sells these screens in her shop <click here>.  She recently added some new designs to her inventory and I've got my eye on some of those.

I also used some stencils/templates by Crafter's Workshop.  I love their stencil designs and have quite a few, but they came out with some new designs this summer.  Again, I'm eyeing some of those new designs to add to my stencil tool box.

I have added the two handbags to my Etsy shop.