Thursday, July 5, 2012

Creative Time is Sparse

Hi all, I hope you had a fantastic July 4th. I was on pins and needles here as we are too dry in my opinion for fireworks and no burning bans were issued. And for some reason, the fireworks last night seemed so much louder than I remember. Is it me or are they making them louder? Anyway, we survived.

I haven't done a whole lot of creative work lately because my other job has been keeping me busy suddenly. But I'm hoping to sneak in some art and creativity here and there.

I have been working on the pine tree quilt. Here it is waiting to be quilted.  


And I also was able to do a bit of painting on this journal page. I recently bought a mixed media journal with a spiral binding and now I have started removing the pages from the binding before working on them. I like the freedom of having a loose page to work on.


This page is layers and layers of acrylic paint with a little charcoal and graphite added to the mix.