Sunday, June 3, 2012

Baby Shower

Yesterday was the baby shower for my daughter-in-law. It was held outside at a park shelter and while the wind blew a little too strong at times, the day turned out great. Below is my gift. I wasn't sure how I was going to wrap the gift since the bumper pads and quilt were quite bulky and after several suggestions from many comments in a previous post I went shopping. I looked for a wicker basket first but could not find anything in the right dimensions. I felt very lucky to have found the large tote in dimensions that were almost perfect. There was room to spare inside the tote and so I filled in the space with crib sheets, a waterproof crib pad, and diapers and wipes. The tote will be handy for them also when they need to store baby items later.


The next photo is my little herb/vegetable garden that I have on my deck. I am growing chives, basil, cilantro, two kinds of lettuce and spinach. I also have a tomato plant, but that wasn't on the deck when I took the photo. We've had several days of cool weather recently and so some of the herbs haven't been growing much, but I saw we are in for some days of 80s this week, so maybe they'll take off.