Friday, July 1, 2011

Feeling Wonky

The other day I was Feeling Groovy, but today I'm Feeling Wonky!

Here is the completed dot quilt top. I love this quilt. However, my blocks would not line up correctly at the seams (pout). I thought I could trim them a bit but they seemed like they were twisted and I feared cutting too much fabric away in order to square them so they would meet at the seams. Did any of that make sense?

So I decided to just sew them all together in a wonky way and unless you are within two feet of this quilt you don't even see it. No quilt inspectors will be allowed to see this quilt! Now I am awaiting my quilt backing fabric to arrive to start quilting this dotty top.

I ended up with lots of odd and wonky scraps from my king sized bed quilt project.

So, in keeping with the wonky feeling, I created this wonky star block.

I am thinking I can get a lot of wonky star blocks from the remaining scraps, so I guess that will be another ongoing project. I never run out of projects....and I bet you don't either.

It appears like I've abandoned art quilting at this point doesn't it? Well I've got lots of ideas brewing in my head and right now I'm planning to get more of my UFOs completed over the summer months. Then this fall I will get back to more artsy stuff. At least that's the plan.