Friday, February 11, 2011

Journal Quilt #6

Be My Valentine

I took the time yesterday to create this week's journal quilt. Some of the fabrics in this piece are leftovers from last week's quilt. And since Valentine's Day is coming soon, I thought I'd create a piece to go along with that theme.

The white stenciled hearts were something I tried as a test. I had a sticker sheet of hearts that I used up and as I looked at the sheet that remained, I wondered if it could be recycled into a stencil. The sticker sheet remains consists of two layers, the sticker layer and the backing sheet layer. So I took my craft blade to the heart shaped sticker sheet and cut through the backing layer.


The stencil worked great. It isn't as sturdy as a plastic stencil, and I don't know how long or how many uses I will get from it, but it did the job I needed and perhaps a few more.

The journal quilt group photo album is growing each week.  Check out all the great journal quilts.