Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Ice Cream Bucket Overfloweth

I save my used dryer sheets so that I can keep adding more scrap fabric quilt blocks to my ongoing dryer sheet quilt. And as you can see here, my used dryer sheet bucket was getting overly full. So I took a couple of days to fix that.

I found I had about 50 dryer sheets in the bucket. The last time I worked on this quilt I had created a section that was six blocks by eight blocks. So with the work I did in the past couple of days I was able to double the amount of blocks. In the photo below, the quilt section at the top of the photo is the previous section I had made and the new section is below.

I haven't joined the two sections together yet...I think I will wait until I have more sections and work with all of them at once. My goal is a queen or king sized quilt. At this point, my measurement from top to bottom is good, but I need to add about two more sections to the width for a king size. Now to fill up my ice cream bucket again.

REMINDER: Don't forget I'm having a Pattern Party. If you would like to play along, you will be in the drawing for a free pattern. Hope to see you there!