Friday, May 22, 2009

Thread Painting & Lutradur

I've been wanting to play with thread painting for a while and just haven't gotten to it. You know, lately I feel like there are so many things I want to try. Have you been bitten by this bug too?

Anyway, I finally got to it, thread painting, that is. At first I thought I'd try a thread painted flower or leaf or something simple. But no! I had to go for the gusto and try a face.

thread painting face girl quilt art
I was quite happy with how it turned out for a first timer. So then I decided I should create something to showcase my new face. So I made a small art quilt collage. The collage includes Lutradur. The leaf shapes are the Lutradur and they have a translucent quality to them. This material doesn't fray when cut so makes for a perfect edge if you want to add a semi-dimensional item to your quilt surfaces.

thread painting face girl quilt art
And on that note....Happy Weekend! It's a holiday weekend at that.