Saturday, May 16, 2009

Deconstructed Results

Below are my results from my first attempt at deconstructed screen printing. The first photo shows several prints from one screen.

The next photo shows three prints each from two different screens. Some of my designs are showing off better than others and I imagine with practice I'll learn which types of textures work better than others. I truly believe that you learn from your trials and errors and as I work through new techniques I learn what needs adjusting or replacing.

And the next photo shows my results from just creating my own free-form design on the screen by drizzling thickened dye on by hand. I got many more prints from this one because the drizzling left more dye on the screen. I think these are my favorites out of all the results and I plan to play more with the free-form screening.

Now to use these cool fabrics. I'm envisioning many small art quilts using these as backgrounds. For those that are more faded I think I'll probably add some extra color using paints/dyes/crayons/pastels, or whatever my little heart desires.

Happy Weekend to all!