Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More from Houston

I returned home from Houston on Monday. On Tuesday I had a few loads of laundry to do and other than that I sort of vegged out as I think the hustle and bustle of being on the go so much really caught up with me. I met so many wonderful people at the quilt festival, but unfortunately I didn't get photos of all those meetings. I had the pleasure of meeting Jenny Doh from Stampington, Terry White, Liz Kettle, Marie Johansen, Tracie Lyn and Marylin Huskamp, Elaine (a student from one of my classes), and those you saw in my previous post. I so hope I'm not forgetting anyone. And in this first photo I got to again meet up with Deborah, a fellow Twelve by Twelve member.


Some of you may remember that I submitted a mixed media quilt for a QA True Colors challenge a while back. Well I was a little surprised to see the quilts were hanging at the show as I didn't know they were going to be displayed at the Houston quilt festival. So I grabbed the opportunity to get photos.


On Sunday morning, before the show opened to the public, I took the opportunity to walk through and admire all the beautiful quilts hanging in the quilt display hall. There were so many that were very inspiring and I am in awe of all the talent on this earth. While there were many I liked immensely, here are my favorites. Being the cat lover that I am, I'm sure you can understand why I favored them the most. Both of these are made by Elizabeth Habich from North Reading, Massachusetts. I looked for a website or blog link for Elizabeth, but was unable to find one.