Friday, October 19, 2007

Journal Quilt #42

fabric journal quilt
Happy weekend everyone! Here is this week's journal quilt. Gosh, I feel like I got it done early this week. Now I can play all weekend on other things. Every fall, I sort of get somewhat depressed as the greenery outside slowly turns brown and shrivels up and disappears. Fall has never been my favorite season and neither has winter. I think that is why I chose the colors I did for my journal quilt.

With my Houston trip coming up in 12 days, I think I'll get over this tiny bout of seasonal depression pretty quickly.

Also coming up next Wednesday (Oct 24) is my Daisy Doodles class at www.joggles.com. There's still time to sign up if you are interested in making a Daisy Doodle quilt. I'd love for you to join in.

One day this week, while outside, I snapped a few photos. This first one is a lovely view of my birch trees. We had a lot of dark gloomy days this week. But today we finally have some sunshine.

fall autumm trees
I normally have little feet following me around when I'm outside and Patty is always a great companion. She has gotten really good at showing me how well she can climb and every time we walk by some of the nesting boxes, she eagerly shows her skills. I couldn't resist taking a picture. And it even looks like she's licking her lips in anticipation of a little birdie snack. Oh no! Next spring I may have to devise some sort of baffle so she can't climb up there.

bad kitty on birdhouse