Friday, March 2, 2007

Journal Quilt #9

For my journal quilt this week, I followed a technique I had seen in a back issue of Quilting Arts Magazine. I positioned silk flowers on a background fabric and then I overlayed a piece of tulle to hold everything down. The article said to use chiffon, but I didn't have a piece in the right colorway. I pinned everything really well, then free motion stitched. I had fun with this quilt. My floral arrangements may soon be missing a stem here and there.

Also today, I made a piece of felted fabric using a wet felting technique and wool roving. I am terrible at remembering to take pictures along the way and have already cut into it and started a project. I am hoping to show the completed item soon.