Saturday, March 24, 2007

Journal Quilt #12

Three people I know have had to recently face the trauma of sending their beloved pets to that wonderful place where all creatures romp and play. So needless to say, this has brought back memories of a beloved friend and companion that I miss dearly. Her name is Jill (aka...Jilly, Jilly Bee, and Jilly Bean). She came into my life in 2001, I watched her being born. She touched my heart in that way so many pets do, and we had a special connection. She was tragically taken from this world just before turning four. This week's journal quilt is a tribute to my Jilly.


The background of the journal quilt is a technique I learned from the book "Layers of Stitch". I also used metallic foil to create a couple of paw prints, they are a little hard to see as they glare a little.

The next photo is a small quilt page I received from Emmy. Emmy is my March FAF swap partner for our fabric page swap. My theme being "nature", Emmy did a fabulous job in her interpretation. The photo at the bottom shows the tag she made to go along with the quilt page and also she sent a brooch too. Thanks Emmy!



I would also like to thank everyone for your wonderful comments and wishes about my handbags appearing in Haute Handbags and about the face designs. Thank you! Your support means so much to me.

8 comments:

  1. Great quilt Terri, absolutely love the background. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to remember Jilly. I love the little paw prints. The bottom one is a bit hard to see but the top one stands out just fine. Very well done.
    Emmys page is just wonderful - typical Emmy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilt, I have these book too, and always want to test that!
    and emmys page is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great remembrance piece. I always find it difficult to sew letters and keep them a stitching without getting skewed. Your FAF page from Emmy is very nice! That must have been one great mail day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is lovely and the paw prints are such a great addition. Emmy's page is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to remember your lovley friend.
    Emmy's page is great. Love the textures.
    Hugs, Alis

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes a great way to remember you friend ,
    and I am glad you like the page
    regards Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jilly is a beautiful girl, Terri. And the quilt is beautiful also. What a wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.