Sunday, November 19, 2006

More Gifts Made

I spent the weekend working on more gift items. So I still don't have any pictures to show. I prepared the "12 Days of Christmas" swap items for mailing. This swap is for the Surface Design group I belong to. Twelve people signed up for this swap. Each person picked a day, makes 11 gifts, and sends them to the other swap members. Then, during the 12 days before Christmas, we will have a gift to open each day. The photo below shows my gifts (day 6) after getting wrapped and before putting in an envelope. I will be mailing these Monday. Hopefully, soon, I can get some other work done so I can show pictures. I know you all like pictures, I do too....hang in there!

Don't these look like yummy candy?

18 comments:

  1. Very lovely! Did you paint the "wrappings" yourself? It's a treat within a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look like a big pile of salt water taffy - yum! Gosh I can't imagine what they are. I've started working on mine finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm Yummy! They do look like candy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look so tempting, can't wait until you all unwrap your pressies

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so pretty - like huge sweeties, but probably a less fattening centre?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look yummy and faboo! I would be thrilled to receive a gift like this! vey cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever wrapping! I wouldn't want to unwrap them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy, yummy!
    I'm so sorry now I didn't sign up for this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Love the colors (as usual :) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. They do look like big candies. I'm having the same problem. I don't want to show anything I'm working on for Christmas since everyone I want to give it to reads the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, big saltwater taffies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They do look yummy! Don't know what's inside, but the wrapping looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm....they look scrumptious! Good enough to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have so much patience to do so many. i love them but just can't do somthing more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Yes, they look like yummi candies! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the wrapping! Now I know how to wrap the gifts for my quilt group!!
    You left a comment on my Meandering Threads blog but I can't find an e-mail addy for you. I figured someone would like that last piece of fabric once I said it was my least favorite!! I'm making these fabrics as part of my gifts for my quilt group.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your gifts look luscious! I wish I was participating but I don't think I could be as original.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great wrapping - is it paper? Anna

    By the way how do you get your own design into the top of your blog?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.