Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Separation Anxiety

I took my sewing machine in for a check up today. It was starting to act up. They indicated it could be a week or so till they may be done with it. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I guess I'll have to do some dying, painting, drawing, and other things I've been wanting to experiment with. So maybe the next week or so won't be soooooooo bad.

I enrolled in another online class with Susan Sorrell through joggles.com. This class is called...Fiber Collage. Here is my result for lesson one. We were to make a small quilt sandwich and embroider around the edges. This measures 7" x 7".

6 comments:

  1. I'll bet you find plenty of things to keep you busy while your machine is in the shop! What a drag though that you'll be without it for that long. Did you ask for a loaner machine? The place that fixes mine gives out a loaner if you ask for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the no sewing machine. Hopefully it will come back and feel like a new one! Now, you can do some of your hand stitching!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh hope you get your sewing machine back soon!
    So glad you got hooked up with Susan...and this piece you started is the bomb baby! :D One day I hope to get into this it looks so fun! Have a great time with her class! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Too bad about the machine but maybe will give you chance to do the other bits you mentioned. I suspect that week may fly by.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool. It looks batik-y! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours looks great! I like the batik look. I am taking that class too :) I am sorry to hear about your sewing machine-here's hoping you get it back quickly!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.