Monday, October 30, 2006

Great Mail Today

I received a gorgeous fabric postcard in the mail today. I'm in a swap where we are to incorporate paper and fabric. Well the following card is from Kari and she did a knockout, fantastic job, in my opinion. The colors are beautiful. She added just the right touch of shimmery metallics (these aren't showing in the picture), many fibers and threads, and a nice mix of papers. All of this on what appears to be a background of light blue satin. Thanks Kari!


The next package was two books I had ordered. I've heard good things about these two books from some members of the Fiber Art Friends ring I belong to, so I thought they should be good additions to my craft library. Just from paging through them, I can see the reviews were right. Can't wait to start reading and experimenting.


7 comments:

  1. What a great postcard! I wish I could see it IRL. It's great this way, too, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper Metal Stitck looks interesting. I hate when I see these things though, cause it makes me want to meander into the world of fiber arts. And I think I do enough meandering as it is, thank you very much! Cheers enjoy your books! Yummy...love new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful postcard. Great looking books.
    Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous and gorgeous! Lucky You! :) Can't wait to see how inspired you get by the books, and what you come up with!

    Hugs,
    Q x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen Paper, Metal Stitch, but not the Machine embroidery book before. Will be interested to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work and love this book esp as my work is on page 99 !! Anna Nowicki, www.pumpkin1.fsnet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.